HDFC Bank is offering a higher credit limit and credit card upgrades to their credit cardholders. The bank is sending SMSes and emails to the cardholders intimating them about their eligibility for a higher credit limit/card upgrade. If a cardholder has not received any intimation from the bank regarding credit limit enhancement or card upgrade, they might still be eligible- they should check for the same by logging in to their HDFC internet banking account.
Feb 25 Update: HDFC Bank is again offering a limit increase to various card holders at the end of February. You can check whether you are eligible for Limit Increase on your credit card or not here.
How to Apply for a Higher Credit Limit/Credit Card Upgrade?
As mentioned earlier, HDFC bank is sending SMSes and emails to many of its credit card customers intimating them about their eligibility for a higher credit limit or upgrade. However, if you did not receive any such message/mail from the bank you can enquire about your credit card’s eligibility for a higher credit limit or a credit card upgrade either online via internet banking or offline by submitting a form to the bank.
Check for a Higher Credit Limit/Credit Card Upgrade Online
You can apply for a higher credit limit on your HDFC credit card or apply for a credit card upgrade either online via internet banking or through HDFC’s credit limit enhancement/card upgrade page.
Apply for a Higher Credit Limit/Credit Limit Enhancement via HDFC Internet Banking
You may enquire about your credit card’s eligibility for a higher credit limit or a card upgrade online through HDFC Internet Banking-
- Login to your HDFC Internet Banking account with your User ID and Password.
- Select Credit Limit Enhancement or Credit Card Upgrade from the Request menu.
- Select your credit card and click/tap on Continue.
- If your credit card is eligible, you will see the option to avail of the increased credit limit or upgrade your card on the subsequent page.
Apply for a Higher Credit Limit/Card Upgrade via Limit Enhancement/Card Upgrade Page
- Visit HDFC’s credit limit enhancement page or card upgrade page.
- Enter your registered mobile number and the OTP, and proceed with the application process.
- You will be shown all the credit limit enhancement/card upgrade offers your credit card is eligible for.
- Choose the offer of your choice and submit your request.
Apply for a Higher Credit Limit/Card Upgrade Offline
You can also apply for a higher credit limit on your HDFC Bank credit card or apply for a card upgrade offline by submitting a form to the bank. The form is available for download as a PDF on the bank’s website.
Since recently, many card issuers have been providing a higher credit limit to their credit card customers. Earlier this month, ICICI was also offering a higher credit limit to its customers. While on one hand, a higher credit limit translates into an increased line of credit which means more liquid funds at your disposal, it also entices you to spend more- sometimes even beyond what you can afford- which is certainly not the best of things to do from your personal finance point of view.