Axis Bank, being a major & trusted credit card issuer in India, offers a wide range of cards in different categories. Also, various co-branded credit cards are also issued by the bank in partnership with different brands, so that everyone can find a suitable card for themselves. One of the most popular co-branded cards offered by Axis Bank is the ‘Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card’ and many people confuse it with the ‘Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card.’ It is another credit card offered by the bank under the Freecharge app, which is owned by Axis Bank itself. There are many reasons why people might confuse, such as the similar cashback rate of the two cards, and many more.
Though the Freecharge Axis Bank Card comes with a lower annual fee and lesser features, it is still a good choice for those who frequently make online payments and just want to save on their spends. Both cards are unique in their own way. On one hand, the Freecharge Axis Bank Card offers a great cashback rate at a very nominal fee, and on the other hand, the Flipkart Axis Bank Card provides you with exciting cashback offers and well as travel benefits at a slightly higher fee. In order to make the right decision for yourself, you will have to compare both the cards on the basis of different important factors. In this article, we will help you compare the cards and choose the one that suits your needs:
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
The Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is issued by Axis Bank in partnership with Flipkart, which is one of the major e-commerce apps in the country. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and welcomes its customers with 2,500 bonus Reward Points and lots of other exciting gifts. It is a cashback credit card that offers up to 5% cashback on your spends. Other than the cashback offers, this card also provides you with complimentary lounge access across selected Indian airport lounges. Moreover, you can get the annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous year. For detailed information about the features and benefits of this credit card, refer to the following points:
- You get a welcome benefit of 2,500 Reward Points, complimentary Ganna Plus membership, and discount vouchers of various popular brands.
- You get 5% cashback on Flipkart and Myntra.
- You get 4% cashback on selected brands, including Swiggy, Uber, Cure.fit, and PVR.
- You can earn 1.5% cashback on all other spends.
- This card also offers 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- The cardholders can also enjoy a discount of 20% or more on dining through Axis Bank’s Dining Delights Program.
- You also get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
- Spend based waiver of the annual fee is also provided.
Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card
The Freecharge app is a non-banking financial app owned by Axis bank, and the Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card is issued under the same. Axis Bank offers two cashback credit cards under Freecharge and the ‘Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card’ is the basic one of them. It comes with an annual fee of Rs. 250 welcomes its customers with gift vouchers worth Rs. 700. It is also a cashback card that offers a decent cashback rate across all the categories and some other benefits as well. The following are some of the most important features of the Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card:
- The card offers a welcome benefit of gift vouchers worth Myntra and Big Basket worth Rs. 350 each.
- You can enjoy a 50% discount on the annual subscription to Eros Now.
- This credit card offers a 5% cashback on your spends on the Freecharge app and a 1% cashback on all other spends.
- You can earn up to 350 bonus Edge Reward Points on achieving the monthly spend milestone.
- Additional discount offers on selected brands, including Shuttl, Eros Now, Myntra, etc.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all spends.
- The annual fee is waived off on spending a minimum of Rs. 50,000 in the previous year.
After discussing the features and benefits of both the cards separately, let us now discuss the difference between them via the following table:
|Factors||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card|
|Complimentary Lounge Access||
The Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, which comes with a comparatively higher annual fee than that of the Freecharge Axis Bank Card, also offers some additional privileges like complimentary airport lounge access. Talking about their reward rate, both the cards offer up to 5% cashback on your spends, however, the categories might differ. If you are loyal to Flipkart and purchase very often via their site, you should definitely go with the Flipkart ci-branded credit card. On the other hand, if you make online purchases or payments frequently, you should go with the Freecharge Credit Card and try to make most of the online payments via the Freecharge app. You can even earn 5% cashback on Flipkart using the Freecharge Axis Bank Credit Card if you make the payment for your purchase using the Freecharge Credit card. Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card also offers complimentary airport lounge access and is one of the rare cards that offer free lounge access with such a nominal fee. So, if you are a frequent domestic traveler, the Flipkart co-branded card would be a better option for you.