Until now, Axis Bank had been offering the cobranded shopping credit card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card in partnership with Flipkart and MasterCard. But after the mastercard ban, Axis Bank has partnered with Visa to launch the Visa variant of the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. Both the Visa and the MasterCard variants are very much similar to each other in terms of the benefits that they offer. We’ve already covered the MasterCard variant in one of our earlier articles. You can read about the same here. But for the limited time, Axis Bank is offering Rs 1,000 Flipkart vouchers who sign up for this card.
Features and Benefits of the Visa Variant of Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card:
As mentioned above, the two variants are very much similar as far as the benefits and features are concerned. Some of the important features of the Flipkart Axis Bank Visa Credit Card are as follows-
- It is a cashback credit card, that is, you are rewarded as cashback which is deducted from your card’s outstanding statement balance.
- Flat 5% cashback on shopping from Flipkart, Myntra and 2GUD.
- Flat 4% cashback on spends on partner merchants including Swiggy, PVR, cure.fit, Uber and Tata Sky.
- Flat 1.5% cashback on all other online/offline spends made with the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.
- Apart from the aforementioned cashback benefits, you also get a number of welcome benefits (worth Rs. 3,000) including a complimentary Gaana membership, 15% discount on the first transaction on Myntra, 50% off on the first transaction on Swiggy, Flipkart gift voucher worth Rs. 500 and benefits worth Rs. 500 on Phy and Plum.
- You also get 4 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits every year (1 per quarter) with this Credit Card.
Eligibility Criteria and Membership Fee for Flipkart Axis Bank Visa Credit Card:
- In order to be eligible for the Flipkart Axis Bank Visa Credit Card, salaried applicants must have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 15,000 and self-employed applicants must have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 30,000.
- You have to pay a nominal membership fee of Rs. 500 per annum for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, which is waived off (for the next year) if your annual spends exceed Rs. 2 lakhs.
- You may refer to the official card page for detailed information.
The MasterCard variant of the Card was already in the market. However, as per RBI directions, MasterCard is currently unable to onboard new customers. But since Axis Bank has come up with a Visa variant of the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, you can apply for the same whenever you like (even right now) as there are no restrictions on Visa. Also, Flipkart Axis Bank Visa Credit Card offers you a very attractive reward rate (particularly on shopping on Flipkart and Myntra), so if you’re someone who is a virtual world shopaholic, you can never go wrong with this one. Happy Shopping!