IDFC Bank, post its merger with Capita First, forayed into the credit card business in January this year with the launch of four credit cards- FIRST Milennia, FIRST Classic, FIRST Select, and FIRST Wealth credit cards. The cards were initially available to those who have an account with IDFC First bank, but now IDFC FIRST Bank has opened credit card applications for all. You can apply for an IDFC FIRST credit card directly on the bank’s website even if you don’t have an account with the bank. It is worth noting that all four IDFC FIRST credit cards are free for lifetime and offer lower interest rates between 0.75% to 2.99% per month (9% to 36% annually).
IDFC FIRST Credit Cards Features:
As mentioned earlier, IDFC FIRST Bank offers four credit cards – FIRST Millennia, FIRST Classic, FIRST Select and FIRST Wealth credit cards, with FIRST Millennia being the basic and FIRST Wealth being the most premium offering by the bank. Some of the benefits the you get with these IDFC FIRST credit cards are as under-
- Zero annual membership fee.
- Interest-free period of 48 days on cash withdrawals from ATMs.
- 6X and 3X Reward Points on online and offline retail spends (respectively) of up to Rs. 20,000 and 10X reward points on incremental spends of Rs. 20,000 on your birthday.
- Never expiring Reward Points.
- Discounted rates on movie tickets and dining bills.
- Personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakh.
- 4 complimentary railway lounge access with FIRST Millennia, FIRST Classic and FIRST Select credit cards and 4 complimentary airport lounge and spa access per quarter with the FIRST Wealth credit card.
- Lower foreign currency mark-up fee on FIRST Select and FIRST Wealth credit cards (1.99% and 1.5% respectively).
IDFC FIRST Credit Cards Eligibility:
Although IDFC FIRST Bank has now opened applications for all four credit cards for everyone, you must fulfil certain eligibility criteria for your application to be approved by the bank. The eligibility criteria for the four IDFC Credit Cards are as under-
- IDFC FIRST Millennia Credit Card: Annual income of Rs. 3 – 12 lacs or credit limit up to Rs. 1.5 lacs.
- IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card: Annual income of Rs. 3 – 12 lacs or credit limit up to Rs. 1.5 lacs.
- IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card: Annual income of Rs. 12 – 36 lacs or credit limit of Rs. 1.5 – 5 lacs.
- IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card: Annual income of Rs. 36 lacs or more or a credit limit of Rs. 5 lacs or above.
Since RBI has allowed HDFC Bank to issue new credit cards, other card issuers have started upping their game. It is probably for this reason that IDFC FIRST Bank, which is a new player in the Indian credit card market, has now opened credit card applications for all irrespective of whether they have an account with the bank or not. Considering that IDFC FIRST cards come with a zero membership fee and low interest and still offer many additional benefits on top of a decent reward rate, these cards (at least one of these) will fit the needs of most users. To know more about IDFC FIRST credit cards in detail, do check out our reviews of these cards. We’ve covered all the four IDFC FIRST credit cards in detail on Card Insider.