Bank of Baroda, in collaboration with the Nainital Bank, offers the BoB Renaissance Credit Card, which is a basic, but a very rewarding credit card. It comes with a zero joining fee and a nominal annual fee of Rs. 250 only. This annual fee can easily be waived if you achieve the required minimum spend in the previous anniversary year. With a reward rate of up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100, the card allows you to save on almost all your spends. These rewards can be redeemed against a host of options including cashback at a really good redemption rate. Other than this, you get lots of other privileges across different categories, including insurance, fuel, etc. For more detailed information about the BoB Renaissance Credit Card, its advantages, and fees & charges, keep reading:
BoB Renaissance Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
1 RP on every spend of Rs. 100 and 5x Rewards on groceries, movies, and departmental stores.
Reward Points redeemable against cashback and various other options. 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Get an air accidental cover worth Rs. 15 lakhs and non-air accident cover worth Rs. 5 lakhs.
Zero Liability Protection
Get a zero liability protection against a lost/stolen card if you report the loss of the card to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived on spending Rs. 25,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.49% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 300 (3% at international ATMs).
Add-on Card Fee
- 1 Reward Point on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 on selected categories.
- Reward Points redeemable against cashback.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual membership fee.
- Personal accident cover worth up to Rs. 15 lakhs.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases.
BoB Renaissance Credit Card Features and Benefits
The co-branded Renaissance Credit Card is a great entry-level credit card that comes with an affordable annual fee and that too can be waived easily. To know all the benefits and features of this card in detail, go through the below-mentioned points:
The insurance benefits offered by this card are given below:
- You get an air accidental cover worth Rs. 15 lakhs.
- the cardholders also get a non-air accidental death cover worth Rs.5 lakhs.
Spend Based Waiver
The annual fee of Rs. 250 is waived if you spend Rs. 25,000 or more in the previous anniversary year using your Renaissance Credit Card. This is not a very high annual spend to achieve, so you can easily make your card lifetime free by getting the renewal fee waived off.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- The cardholders get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel spends between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle for this credit card.
BoB Renaissance Credit Card Rewards
The Reward rates offered by the Bank of Baroda Renaissance Credit Card in different categories are as follows:
- The cardholders get 1 Reward point on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- 5x Reward Points are offered on selected categories, including departmental stores, groceries, and movies.
- No Reward Points are earned on fuel transactions.
- The Reward points that you earn using the Renaissance Credit Card can be redeemed against different options available at the BoB Rewards portal.
- The RPs can also be redeemed against cashback at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
BoB Renaissance Credit Card Fees and Charges
Some of the very important fees and charges associated with the BoB Renaissance Credit Card are mentioned below:
- There is no joining fee associated with this card, but there is an annual fee of Rs. 250. the renewal fee is waived on spending Rs. 25,000 or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on the Renaissance Credit Card is 3.49% per month.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 300 at the domestic ATMs and that at international ATMs is 3% subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the Renaissance Credit Card is 3.5% of the total conversion amount.
BoB Renaissance Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill in order to get approved for the Bank of Baroda Renaissance Credit Card are as follows:
- The applicant’s age should be a minimum of 21 years.
- The age of the add-on cardholders should be above 18 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of monthly income.
- The applicant should be possessing a decent credit history.
The documents required to apply for the BoB Renaissance Credit Card are listed below:
- An Identity Proof (such as Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID, PAN Card, Passport, etc).
- Address proof (such as latest utility bills, Driving License, Aadhar Card, etc).
- Income Proof (latest salary slips or latest audited ITR).
How to Apply For The BoB Renaissance Credit Card?
You can apply for the Bank of Baroda Renaissance Credit Card using any of the methods provided by the card issuer. You can apply for it offline by visiting your nearest BoB branch with all the required documents and filling out the physical application form. To apply online for this card, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit Bob Financial’s official website.
- Under the BoB Renaissance, click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill in all the required details.
- Complete all the formalities and submit the form.
The BoB Renaissance Credit Card, which is issued by BoB and Nainital Bank together, is a basic card and hence it is a great option for those who are new to the world of credit cards. Moreover, if you have an account in the Nainital Bank and you want to stay loyal to your bank for credit facilities as well, this card will be the most suitable option for you. With a zero joining fee and a nominal annual fee, it is offering a good reward rate and is especially beneficial for those who spend very often on movies and groceries using their credit card. So, if the features of this card excite you and seem to fulfill your requirements, you should definitely go with this one.
The BoB Nainital Bank Renaissance Credit Card comes with a zero joining fee, however, there is an annual fee of Rs. 250 which is charged second year onwards.
Yes, the 5x Reward Points on selected categories are capped at 1,000 points per statement cycle for this card.
The minimum eligible age to apply for this card is 21 years for primary cardholders and 18 years for add-on cardholders.