Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card is a prepaid forex card, i.e., unlike credit cards, where you pay the bank only after spending, you need to load the card before you can use it for making purchases. As it is a multi-currency card, you can load/reload the card in 16 different widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham and many others.
Since it is a prepaid card (no credit is involved), you need not submit any proof of income to the bank for the Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card. Although no annual fee is applicable on the card, you however do have to pay an initial fee of Rs. 300 at the time of issuance of the card. Read on to learn more about this Forex Card by Axis Bank.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 300 (plus applicable taxes)
- Can be loaded in 16 widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 1,000 on Vodafone India’s international roaming packs.
- No forex mark-up charge applicable on transactions made in the currency loaded on the card.
- Lower currency conversion rates on Southeast Asian currencies.
- 24×7 emergency assistance by TripAssist in case of loss of card/money.
- Card issuance fee of Rs. 300 waived off for Priority and Burgundy account holders.
- Locked-in currency exchange margin.
- Flat Rs. 0.30 discount on exchange margin to Axis Bank account holders on reloading the card via internet/mobile banking.
- Card widely accepted at all retail outlets and online stores accepting Visa/MasterCard credit/debit cards.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Can be loaded in 16 different currencies, up to Rs. 1,000 cashback on Vodafone India international roaming packs, 24×7 emergency assistance by TripAssist
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any fraudulent transaction made on the card post reporting the loss of card to the bank
Fees & Charges
Rs. 300 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% of the transaction amount on cross-currency usage
Cash Advance Charge
0.5% of the transaction (subject to a maximum charge of USD 75) or USD 2.25 on ATM withdrawals
Add-on Card Fee
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card Travel Benefits
- The card can be loaded in 16 widely used currencies including USD, Euro, Pound, Dirham and others.
- Cashback of up to Rs. 1,000 on select international roaming packs by Vodafone India.
You get 24×7 global assistance during international travel by TripAssist in case of loss of card/money.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card Fees and Charges
- You are charged an initial card issuance fee of Rs. 300 (exclusive of the GST applicable).
- You also have to pay Rs. 100 (plus GST) every time you load/reload the card.
- A cash withdrawal fee of USD 2.25 (or its currency equivalent) is charged every time you withdraw cash from an ATM using your Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card.
- A cash advance transaction fee of 0.5% of the transaction amount (maximum fee of USD 75) is also applicable on cash withdrawals using the card.
- No forex mark-up fee is applicable on transactions done in the currency loaded on the card. However, a cross-currency usage fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount is charged on transactions made in a currency other than the one loaded on the card.
Loading/Reloading Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card
You can load/reload your Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card-
- via internet banking or Axis Bank Mobile app.
- by visiting your nearest Axis Bank branch (you can also authorize your family members to load your card when you are on a foreign trip by giving them a duly signed authorization letter).
How to apply for Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card
You can apply for Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card in the following two ways-
- Online: visit the Forex Cards application page on Axis Bank’s website and submit your application. You will need to upload a scanned copy of your passport (with visa) at the time of application. The card will be delivered to your correspondence address or, alternatively, you may also collect the card from your nearest Axis Bank branch.
- Offline: you can also get the card over the counter from any of the Axis Bank branches by submitting a copy of your passport (with visa) and air tickets.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Card can be a good alternative to credit cards for frequent flyers who frequently travel to international destinations with different home currencies as the card comes with the convenience of loading 16 different currencies. Also, since the card doesn’t have any income-based eligibility criteria and you are not charged any mark-up fee on forex transactions, it can also be the card of choice for students going abroad for studies.
Since it is a prepaid card, you need not fulfil any income-based eligibility criteria to get Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card.
Yes, since there are no income-based eligibility criteria, anyone above the age of 18 can get Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card without submitting any proof of income to the bank.
Yes, Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card is accepted for international transactions at all online stores that accept Visa/MasterCard credit/debit cards.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card can be used for transactions at duty-free stores at international airports in India.
Axis Bank Multi-Currency Forex Card can be loaded in the following 16 foreign currencies-United States Dollar, EURO Pound, Sterling, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Japanese Yen, Singapore Dollar, Swedish Krona/Kronor, UAE Dirham, Saudi Royal, Thai Baht, New Zealand Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, South African Rand and Danish Krone.